Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Laser Sailboats in Squalicum Harbor


I was walking the docks in Squalicum Harbor in Bellingham and saw a whole rack full of Laser sailboats. A Laser is a small sailing dinghy usually handled by one person. They are popular for day sailing and racing. In their storage rack, the colourful hulls make a pretty sight against the blue sky and puffy clouds.


These Laser sailboats belong to the Bellingham Yacht Club. I wonder when they get to leave the rack and go for a sail? -- Margy

12 comments :

  1. What a great colourful shot! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wayne had a Laser and they are trickier to sail than a larger boat. - Margy

      Delete
  2. Great photo - that would make a wonderful jigsaw puzzle. We love Squalicum Harbor - so much to see and do. It is fun when the kites come out too - have you seen that yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I've enjoyed doing jigsaw puzzled on my iPad lately. - Margy

      Delete
  3. They are pretty all lines up like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice when Yacht Clubs have boats for members to use. - Margy

      Delete
  4. I love to wander Squalicum Harbor just haven't been there for a while.
    I love you "greenhouse" Glad it is working you are so so clever. And keep the mise out. LOL
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take a picture next trip and write my blog post. I didn't want to do it before I knew the results. - Margy

      Delete
  5. Lovely photo. Not everyone would spot that photo opportunity Margy.

    By the way our Common Buzzard in the UK is a hawk - Buteo buteo the scientific name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shot. I love the way they're lined up like soldiers at attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be a bit heavy. Not sure I would like to get one down. - Margy

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome. - Margy