Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Wayne and Margy's New RV Trip Log 5


Trip Log Part 5
American Heritage Camp 
and Back to Bellingham


A red-barkd Arbutus Tree in bloom.
After the softball game at the University of Oregon, we began our homeward journey. Rather than drive a long distance, we returned to one of our favourite (so far) spots, Armitage Park Campground. Good thing we had a reservation. We arrived to a "Campground Full" sign.

In the morning we started north. We wanted something new for our last night. I used the  AllStays app and found American Heritage Campground, a private park near Olympia. It had good reviews and their website showed forested sites with lots of privacy. I called and made a reservation.

Park-like American Heritage Campground.

We arrived in time to top off our propane and relax in the last rays of sunshine. We stayed in camp through breakfast then got back on I-5 for the last leg of our twelve-day RV trip.

Driving through Seattle on a busy Sunday afternoon.

Using an RV allowed us to explore nature in between the collegiate women's softball games. It was a much more relaxing way to travel than staying in hotels and eating in restaurants.


Thanks for coming along on the first outing in our own motorhome. Hope you enjoyed this inaugural trip. There will be many more to come. Do you have any suggestions for places to visit? What are some of your favourites? -- Margy

19 comments :

  1. Margy - as I have commented before, this is so encouraging to me. I think this is a mode of travel that my hubby and I will enjoy for the reasons that you have mentioned (more relaxing, close to nature, not as many restaurants, etc.) As for recommendations, of course I have to mention Montana … We have also enjoyed our travels in Utah and Colorado. Really stretching it? Maine is a gorgeous state. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three states sound like great places to visit in an RV, or otherwise. I would really like to go to Yellowstone National Park again. I have such wonderful memories of being there with my family when I was a kid. Loved fishing the meadows there with my dad. - Margy

      Delete
  2. The world's at your feet now. Or almost, lol. My folks traveled all over the country in theirs. Best way to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I camped by car and tent with my folks until I graduated from high school. We never had a trailer or RV, but my dad did make our station wagon into a camper with a commissary in the back and a bed when the seats were put down. Both my parents were short so that worked for them and I could sleep across the front seat in those days. - Margy

      Delete
  3. RV's are wonderful for allowing us to explore the world and take our home with us. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun first trip in our new RV. I'm sure there will be lots more exploring to come. - Margy

      Delete
  4. ...exploring nature is right up my alley! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many ways to explore nature! This is a great option. We consider our little boat an RV on the water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We consider our RV a boat on land, there is even an RV park in Washington called Washington Land Yacht Harbor. - Margy

      Delete
  6. We do too. The 24' RV has a bit more space than our 24' Bayliner since it's a big box with no aft deck. The rest is about the same: head, table that converts into an extra bed, main bed in the V-berth, galley and storage compartments. The main difference is there's more room for us to pass by each other going to and fro. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so envious of your RV-ing adventure. My parents spent every summer in their RV in Colorado and had great times in their senior years. There's so much beauty to see and explore in the Pacific Northwest. I'm looking forward to more photos from your excursions.
    My post features tulip fields in Mt. Vernon, Washington.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I traveled as a kid with my parents in a station wagon rigged out as a mini-RV. Now I play with the big guys, so to speak. - Margy

      Delete
  8. Looks like you had a lovely time! So pretty outside. I used to live in Seattle just 5 minutes north of the city on Greenlake. We miss Washington, but not all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do get a bit of rain, but with the climate change the summers are so dry. - Margy

      Delete
  9. Beautiful nature photos. You are going to have to have so much fun, looks like you already are :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will I'm sure. Can't wait for our next adventure. - Margy

      Delete
  10. You have so many adventures to look forward to. I’d recommend any and all the National Parks you can fit into your schedule, Custer State Park in South Dakota (it rivals National Parks for wildlife) ...and what about Alaska? Your rig is a perfect size for the ferry and you’re right there to board. We took our Roadtrek (class B, much smaller than yours) and toured in it up there for over three months. Drove back. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and the biggest one in the fall when we return to Arizona. It would be nice to go to Alaska, but because of our Canadian citizenship and BC residency we cannot drive the US registered RV over the border. It a taxation and registration issue. So it will remain our lower 48 toy. -- Margy

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome. - Margy