Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Breakfast at Diamond Jim's Grill in Bellingham


Our good friend Jeanne suggested we try a new breakfast spot, Diamond Jim's Grill in Bellingham. It's one of the top ten breakfast spots listed on Yelp and I agree.

We went on a Sunday and weren't surprised that we had to wait for a table. The menu has lots of breakfast choices. I checked the menu out online so I already knew I wanted their 2-2-2 special for $6.99. That's two eggs, two breakfast meats, and two breakfast breads. I went for two eggs over easy, two sausage links, and two biscuits and gravy. I LOVE biscuits and gravy!


Wayne got the chicken fried steak and eggs, and Jeanne had the half order of Eggs Benedict. The portions are huge, but do offer a half portion for many items.

Because every table and stool at the counter was full, we had to wait a bit for our food. But the coffee kept coming while we waited. You can find Diamond Jim's Grill at 2400 Meridian St. They are open 7:00 am to 3:00 pm for breakfast and lunch. Wine and beer (some local choices) are available along with Mimosas to fancy up your breakfast fare.

Do you have any favourite breakfast spots? What puts them at the top of your list? -- Margy

14 comments :

  1. I have never eaten biscuits and gravy, simply because it's not a tradition to eat here. But the whole breakfast looks delicious.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food must be really good that you have to wait to be seated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great breakfast spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy breakfast, Margy and good value too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a huge breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob and I need to get up to Bellingham more often. Before I met bob my friend Deena and I were visiting Fairhaven and other places all the time. Remember when I met you and Betty. That was interesting.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do. I haven't seen Betty in a long time either. - Margy

      Delete
  7. We love Diamond Jim's and when we are not in a hurry it is a great spot for breakfast. And lunch - when our son and his family were visiting from West Virginia we took the whole family there (including our two daughters and their families) and had the best lunch. They pushed several tables together for us so we could all sit together.

    Another favorite of ours in Bellingham is Arliss's - one of the older cafes in town - always friendly - fast service - hot food - plenty of tables - a back room for large groups (we've used that several times) and some of the best breakfasts in town - super biscuits and gravy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I looked it up online and know where it is now. - Margy

      Delete
  8. Thanks everyone for stopping by for a breakfast treat this week. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the follow. Hope you enjoy the coming posts. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a huge portion! Looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a huge dent, but next time I think I'll order the smaller version. It's nice they offer that for less money. - Margy

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome. - Margy