Thursday, March 15, 2018

Cranberry Pineapple Bread


We've been doing better with our meals at the cabin. To keep from eating out too much when we're in town, I got breakfast foods to eat at the condo.

I made homemade Cranberry Pineapple Bread to go with our bowls of fresh fruit using a recipe from Leigh Anne Wilkes at Your Homebased Mom. It was originally for muffins, but I chose to bake it in a loaf pan.

Cranberry Pineapple Bread

Ingredients:

Chopping cooked fresh pineapple.
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
Combining dry ingredients.
1 cup whole fresh cranberries chopped
   or rehydrated dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Directions:

Rehydrate dried cranberries with hot water if you are using them rather than fresh ones.

Grease a loaf pan (unless you are making muffins) and line the bottom with parchment paper.

Stir in pineapple, cranberries and nuts.
In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.

In a separate bowl combine egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla.

Blend the flour and wet ingredients until well moistened.

Gently stir in crushed pineapple, cranberries and chopped nuts. (I cooked fresh pineapple in water then chopped it to make my own crushed pineapple.)

Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.


Bake for one hour in an oven preheated to 350 degrees or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy right away warm with lots of butter, then toast some the next morning for breakfast. -- Margy

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing this as I love cranberries and pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it because I always have canned pineapple and dried cranberries in my pantry. Sometimes we don't get to the store often enough to have fresh items in stock, especially during the winter months. - Margy

      Delete
  2. Wow - that sound amazing! I have the ingredients - I must give it a try this weekend. This chilly weather is perfect for some hot bread and a cup of tea. Happy weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That what I love about this recipe, everything can be found in my pantry or fridge at any time. I froze the last of mine and just thawed it out when we returned to the condo. Toasted it was as fresh as ever (and no work). - Margy

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome. - Margy