Sunday, July 31, 2016

Chamomile Liqueur Spritzer


In April, I decided to try making several liqueurs. One of them was with my home grown chamomile flowers.  Chamomile Liqueur sounded like a nice drink to sip in the evening so I made some. Click here if you would like to see my recipe.

I'm not sure if it was the brand of vodka I chose, but the results was quite strong in both alcohol content and taste. So here is what I came up with to make it more to my taste.

Chamomile Liqueur Spritzer

Fill a large glass with ice (crushed or cubes)
Pour in one jigger (1.5 oz.) of Chamomile Liqueur
Add one packet sweetener or sugar equivalent
Fill glass with 7-Up

Chamomile Liqueur Spritzer

The sweetener mellowed the alcohol bitterness and the 7-Up lightened the drink. It has a distinctive chamomile flavour and is great in the evening, or on the porch on a hot summer day.

Do you have any favourite summer drink recipes? -- Margy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome. - Margy