Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Crispy Sourdough Breadcrumb Topping


I made a batch of Mac 'n' Cheese for dinner last night, but I didn't have any potato chips to crumble on the top. Wayne and I really like it that way.

Rather than go without a topping, I decided to use what I had on hand. make a crispy sourdough breadcrumb topping. It would work for any casserole that calls for a crispy top.



Crispy Sourdough Breadcrumb Topping


Ingredients:

1 1/2 large slices sourdough bread
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Garlic powder to taste
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons butter

Directions:

Tear fresh sourdough bread (including crusts) into small pieces into a bowl.

Blend in Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt.

Melt butter and drizzle over bread slowly, mixing as you go go coat the small pieces.

Bake at 250°F for 45 minutes or until crispy and golden. Stir every 15 minutes.

Use immediately as the crispy topping for you Mac 'n' Cheese or other favourite casserole.

Do you have any other crispy casserole toppings to share? -- Margy

2 comments :

  1. Mmmmm sounds delicious. I don't recall any recipes that I have that need a crispy topping, but if I had one, this would be a first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Anything crispy is right for me. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome. - Margy