Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cozy Corner Books and Coffee in Bellingham, Washington


Yesterday I stopped by Cozy Corner Books and Coffee in Bellingham.  I love this used bookstore! Not only do they have a great collection to browse, reasonable prices, and a "cozy" atmosphere to read and enjoy coffee, but they give you credits on books you return for discounts on new purchases. While I was there, I meet the owner Chris. You can tell he takes great pride in his store and providing his customers with a high quality experience.

If you're driving southeast on Northwest (now doesn't that have a ring to it) towards downtown, you will find the Cozy Corner at 3094 Northwest Avenue in the Northwest Shopping Center near the Village Inn restaurant and across the street from Yeager's Sporting Goods. There's also a second store at 5772 2nd Avenue in nearby Ferndale.


Chris, the owner of Cozy Corner Books and Coffee
As the name implies, the Cozy Corner has coffee and other yummy things to drink and nibble. You can enjoy your latte as you browse the stacks, or relax by the fireplace. And that's not all they have to offer. They also have a Children's Imagination Area and free games.

Of course, there are books -- lots of them. They are conveniently organized by subject and author. Several cozy alcoves give you a feeling of privacy. Soft chairs and stools are scattered throughout the store to encourage you to stay and read.


This trip I got a book written by a blogger friend from here in Bellingham. It's the memoir of JoAnn Dunlap Bayne called Are We Walking to Alaska? I've been wanting to get it for a long time, and there it was on a shelf featuring local authors. Thanks, Chris for supporting your hometown writers on your shelves and by hosting author signings!

I also dropped off five different books from Wayne's Coastal BC Stories series.  Maybe one will still be there by the time you arrive. But never fear, there are lots of other wonderful books to choose from if they've already been claimed.

If you're a book lover, you've got to visit the Cozy Corner. -- Margy

6 comments :

  1. Thank you for the mention. We love this book store too - it has real home-town local flavor. During my book signing I met other local authors who came by - it was a great time and great books. There really are a lot of good books at good prices here - stop by and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and find the perfect book - I highly recommend it to all your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I'm so glad I found your book there. You are right, it's a very comfortable store to visit and Chris is such a caring owner. I got five great books for under $15 including my discount. Maybe we can meet there sometime. - Margy

      Delete
  2. You can always tells good bookstore by the chairs In the shop - if they're comfy that's a good sign! #ourworldtuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he has the store arranged with cozy nooks, each with chairs and tables with coaster ready for your coffee cup. How nice is that! - Margy

      Delete
  3. I do believe that I have been to Bellingham! Many years ago on a trip to the Pacific NW. I think I'll have to dig out some old maps and note books!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellingham is a great jumping off point for people heading up to Canada, and for Canadian shoppers coming south to shop. - Margy

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome. - Margy